2017 AUDITION INFORMATION & FINALIST REQUIREMENTS
Important Dates for Applicants:
Jan 1 Applications Available
Jan 16 Application Deadline
Jan 19 Auditions in Santa Maria
Jan 21, 22 Auditions in Santa Barbara
Jan 22 Finalists Announced
Mandatory dates for Finalists:
Jan 25 Finalists’ Orientation Meeting
Jan 29, Feb 5, 12, 20 Finalists’ Music/Dance Rehearsal
Feb 11 Finalists’ Mentor Day
Feb 24 Finalists’ Rehearsal
Feb 25 Finalists’ Tech Rehearsal & Finale
- Contestants must be a 7th – 12th grade student, attending a Junior High or High School within Santa Barbara County.
- Contestants may not be represented by management, an agent, or under contract with a label.
- Contestants must apply online no later than 1/16/17 in order to be considered. www.TeenStarUSA.com
- Contestants’ parents must sign online Agreements (agreement link will be emailed).
- The first 100 applicants will be offered audition time slots. First come, first served, with completed application & agreements.
- Contestants will be contacted on or before 1/18/17 to schedule an audition time slot.
- Contestants must arrive 10 minutes before their scheduled audition time for check-in.
- The audition consists of a brief interview and a 16-32 bars allowance to perform an a cappella song solo in front of a panel of judges. Please come prepared with two contrasting songs.
- Contestants must be accompanied to the audition by a parent or guardian.
- Contestants must bring two (2) 5x7 color head shots to their audition. No head shot = no audition. Head shot photos will become the property of Teen Star and will not be returned to the contestant.
Finalists will be announced – on Facebook.com/TeenStarUSA and on Instagram @teenstarusa. Starting at 8:00pm on 1/22/17, we will begin posting the Top 10 Finalists. Make sure you “Like” us on Facebook and follow @teenstarusa on Instagram to see all the latest information and the Teen Star Finalists.
- Submit a 150-250 word bio or submit a one-page essay on you, your interests, hobbies, and ambitions. Email to Laura@TeenStarUSA.com by 1/25/17.
- Please review the Teen Star timeline (above) so you can be sure to attend all rehearsals, the orientation, your mentor session, and the finale.
- There will be a small fee for the group costume.
- Finalists must prepare two 2 ½ minute solos.
Questions Regarding Teen Star Santa Barbara?
Call: 800-380-9110 Ext: 200 or email Laura@TeenStarUSA.com